About Me

My photo
I grew up at the base of the Teton Mountain Range in Idaho, in the most beautiful valley in the world. I started riding a horse as soon as I could walk and spent most of my summers riding horse bareback and singing at the top of my lungs all day long. I helped on the farm/cattle ranch that I grew up on, driving tractor and changing sprinkler pipe. At 14 I got a job cleaning motel rooms, then got the best job in the world, working for the Forest Service, counting people at the trail heads. I would spend the entire day sitting in the forest counting the number of people that went on hikes on certain trails. Sometimes I got to hike up into the back country and spend 10 days at a time and count the number of people that came up there. I did that for 3 summers during my high school years. It was awesome!

Monday, August 30, 2010

Reunions

"Let Adversity Make You A Better Person"

This past weekend was an enjoyable one for me.  For those who "really" know me, I'm usually the type that likes to hide in my house and not get out and "socialize" much.  Hmmmm....wonder which side of the family I get that from!!!!  Dad?  Anyway, my Mom has been planning a reunion all summer for the Burgener's.  Her 3 brothers and 1 sister and herself and their families.  As many as were able got together on Saturday, August 28th.  We had planned to have it at Mom and Dad's, since that is the house that all those "kids" grew up in.  But just in case, Mom reserved the church house in town, and it's a good thing.  Boy did it rain that day!!!!  I'm not quite sure how many were able to be there, but about 50.  There was Uncle Bill and his wife Betty, who are living in Rexburg right now.  They go to Oregon in the winter time.  Uncle Sid and his fiance, Sasha, were there from Tempe, Arizona.  Aunt Annette May was there from Clovis, California.  Her husband, Ross, was there part of the time.  He had a class reunion over in Jackson at the same time.  Uncle Dale and his wife Melvina were there from Bremerton, Washington.  Then there was Mom and quite a few of our family.  Bill's kids, Valyn and Kelly and some of their kids were there.  I think that everyone really had a pretty good time!  I will post some pictures of the event.

Then on Sunday, my friend/cousin celebrated her 50th birthday and wanted to have a party.  So we went up to Teton Valley to her new house and saw tons of old friends there.  It was actually really nice visiting and seeing that I'm not the only one that the gray hair is showing through and the wrinkles are getting the best of. Heh!

So, now I can crawl back into my hole in the wall and hibernate.

Front Row:  Dorlene Burgener Beard, Annette Burgener May.  
Back Row:  Sid Burgener, Bill Burgener, Dale Burgener.


Bill and Betty Burgener and Family.  Valyn and Kelly and some of their families.  
Notice the triplets taking center stage.

Virgil and Dorlene Beard and parts of their family.  Kenneth, Becky and Randy and some of their families.

Sid Burgener and fiance, Sasha.

 Annette Burgener May


Dale & Melvina Burgener.

 Melissa, Ryken, and Robert Rose.

The food line!!!!  Valyn Burgener Hill.

Amanda and Wayne Nelson.

 Bob and Tom Muench playing a musical number.

Bill and Betty Burgener and great-grandbaby triplets.

Ken and Randy Beard.

Landon and Amanda Nelson.

Dale Burgener---happy to have his food!!!!

 Sonia and Justin Beard

Jeff Muench

Jacob Beard

Matt & Jen Beard

Ben Muench checking out the yummy food!!!!

Great minds?  Hmmmm....I have to think about this one!

Bobby Muench found the food too!

Kelly Burgener and his family enjoying the food!

4 comments:

~Jenni M.~ said...

Fun fun! Wish we could've been there! :) Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I really missed the fun! YES! The picutres are really nice!

Beth Durtschi Moore said...

Your reunion looks successful and fun! I saw Velyn and thought "She looks familiar" and then saw her name and realized why. It's been 30 years since I've seen her!

Triplets! Oh my. Too cute.

Just wondering, does the friend you went to see for her birthday party have a name? hehe

Becky Muench said...

Oh gosh! Spaced that didn't I. Hmmmm....let me think.....my friend, Beth Durtschi was the one that I went to her birthday party. She turned the big 50!!!!! Sorry Beth!