About Me

My photo
I grew up at the base of the Teton Mountain Range in Idaho, in the most beautiful valley in the world. I started riding a horse as soon as I could walk and spent most of my summers riding horse bareback and singing at the top of my lungs all day long. I helped on the farm/cattle ranch that I grew up on, driving tractor and changing sprinkler pipe. At 14 I got a job cleaning motel rooms, then got the best job in the world, working for the Forest Service, counting people at the trail heads. I would spend the entire day sitting in the forest counting the number of people that went on hikes on certain trails. Sometimes I got to hike up into the back country and spend 10 days at a time and count the number of people that came up there. I did that for 3 summers during my high school years. It was awesome!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Changing of the Seasons

"Let Adversity Make You A Better Person"

Autumn is my most favorite time of the year.  It is upon us now and I notice it most here in Idaho.  Our seasons are so short  it seems, except for maybe winter.  (Where did summer go.)  We have grain fields on 3 sides of us and one has already been harvested and the others are golden and ready.  Any day now.

I actually added this picture later....it was taken on September 8, 2010 when they were cutting the grain in the field on the east side of our home.

The nights are getting cooler, altho' the days are still pretty warm.  And as with every year, I wonder where the summer went and why I didn't get more done.  All the things that I wanted to do.  I look at my list and see that not much got marked off.  Oh well, I actually feel better than I did 3 months ago, which is a plus.  I still have my family.  I can look forward to the next few months of cooler weather and not having to worry about watering the lawn so much.  Heh!

We did get to do some fun things this summer.  A couple of fishing trips, went to Oregon to visit Ryan, Jenni, and Nicole.  Thought I'd add a couple of pictures of some of the fun things.

This is a picture of Ben and Kaybrie fishing on Warm River.  We had a lot of fun that day!


This is a picture of when Bobby and I went to Oregon.  Jenni, Nicole, Ryan, Bobby and I went bowling.  Of course, I just took the pictures.  They did all the bowling.


Tom and Kaybrie playing on the toy car in our back yard.


This is Jeff "working" this summer.  He drove bus for the BYU-Idaho dance group and they went for about 2-1/2 weeks through Idaho, Oregon, and California.  It was pretty "tough".  Heh!  He loves that part of his job!


While Bobby and I were visiting Ryan, Jenni and Nicole in Oregon, Jeff's group was performing about an hour away.  We went to see the show and the dancers let Nicole warm up with them.  It was awesome!


 When everyone was together in early June we all went to the Riot Zone and had a great time.  I took this picture of my two little grand babies.  I love this picture because it shows each of their personalities if you look really closely at it.

So, now that I have added some pictures and reminisced a little, I realize that we have had a pretty good summer and have done quite a bit.  Autumn will be full of other activities and then on to winter, and so goes the cycle.

Until next time.  Becky

No comments: