About Me

My photo
I grew up at the base of the Teton Mountain Range in Idaho, in the most beautiful valley in the world. I started riding a horse as soon as I could walk and spent most of my summers riding horse bareback and singing at the top of my lungs all day long. I helped on the farm/cattle ranch that I grew up on, driving tractor and changing sprinkler pipe. At 14 I got a job cleaning motel rooms, then got the best job in the world, working for the Forest Service, counting people at the trail heads. I would spend the entire day sitting in the forest counting the number of people that went on hikes on certain trails. Sometimes I got to hike up into the back country and spend 10 days at a time and count the number of people that came up there. I did that for 3 summers during my high school years. It was awesome!

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Critters

"Let Adversity Make You A Better Person"

Do you ever wonder what comes lurking around your house at night when you are sleeping?  When you wake up in the morning and go out to feed the cats and you think "boy, they must have been hungry, they ate all the food I gave them yesterday", well, you might want to think again.




About a month ago, this little (well, pretty good sized) critter came creeping around our place just as it was getting dark.  He bee-lined it right for the back of the house where we feed the cats, so I knew that he had done this before.  The cats just kind of stood back and watched.  He really wasn't afraid of us, but from what I hear now, we should have been a little more afraid of him.  I guess they can be pretty ornery little critters if confronted. 

I also have a picture of a skunk that Bobby saw out there eating the cat food last week but I couldn't get it to upload.

Well, guess we'll just have to start feeding the cats in the early mornings and make sure there's not a lot left as the night closes in.  I definitely don't want all the critters ganging up on us and holding us hostage in our home at night.  Heh!  Now, have sweet dreams! 

Until next time.  Becky

2 comments:

Beth Durtschi Moore said...

I have really enjoyed reading your blog. Your writing is fun and funny!

Becky Muench said...

Gee thanks!